DO NOT reduce the duct size
Just a 1" reduction in diameter impacts performance by 32% (or more)!
- A 5" duct (in place of 6") will reduce 300cfm air flow to 205cfm
- A 7" duct (in place of 8") will reduce 600cfm air flow to 400cfm.
DO NOT use flexible ductwork
The ribbing creates resistance to air flow which:
- Reduces efficiency/performance
- Increases noise
DO NOT turn sharp corners, & no "dead ends"
Vent-A-Hood® range hoods move air much faster than your heating/cooling system, therefore different ducting principles must be applied
- Think of the heating/cooling system as a slow and steady water stream, finding its way over pebbles and between boulders.
- The rapid airflow of a Vent-A-Hood® is more like water flowing through a garden hose; sharp turns and kinks in the hose will greatly affect, or even stop, the flow of water.